Welcome to GuardYourEyes!
You are not alone! For the first time, there is somewhere to turn to for help in these areas.
In the last couple of years, the GYE network has helped roughly 1,000 Jews get back on a path of sanity, self-control and healing and has touched the lives of thousands more. GYE has become known throughout the Jewish world as the number one address for dealing with these challenges which have reached epidemic proportions.
The tools of our recovery program were developed with guidance from the best experts in the field, such as Rabbi Dr. Avraham J. Twerski, and through the personal experience of hundreds of Jews who successfully broke free. We use a unique approach that recognizes that there are many different levels in these struggles.
Our network is comprised of a website, a pulsating forum, phone conferences, daily Chizuk e-mails, support hotlines, therapists, live 12-Step groups and a program of recovery for all levels of this struggle/addiction.
All our work is free of charge and we zealously protect the complete anonymity of all our members. On our forum, charts, hotlines and phone conferences, only nicknames and non-revealing e-mail addresses are used. For starters, you may want to make yourself an anonymous e-mail address (something like growingJew@gmail.com).
Here are some quick things you can do to help you jump straight into your journey:
1) See the "GYE Program in a Nutshell" that can help you quickly identify at what level of the struggle you are at, and which tools and features would help you most at your particular level.
2) Install a strong filter (see this page for more info). It is hard to break free of this while having all the garbage within a mouse click away. The filter gabai at email@example.com will hold the passwords for you. We also highly advise installing "Reporting Software" such as webchaver.org to give you some accountability.
3) Join the daily Chizuk e-mail lists to get fresh chizuk every day.
4) Join the 90 Day Challenge. Scientific studies have shown that it takes 90 days to change the neuron pathways created by addictive behaviors in the brain.
5) Visit the forum where hundreds of people exchange chizuk and post logs of their journey to recovery. You will internalize that you are not alone, and you will learn the techniques and attitude that work for so many others.
6) Join a free anonymous phone conference led by an experienced sponsor.
7) Read the "Guard Your Eyes Handbook" (a hard copy can be purchased for cost price here). The handbook details the GYE program which includes 20 tools in progressive order, beginning with the most basic and fundamental approaches to dealing with this struggle/addiction, and continuing through increasingly earnest and powerful methods. No matter what level our struggle/addiction may have advanced to, we will be able to find the right tools to break free in this handbook!
Our souls cry inside of us, but we have accustomed ourselves to block out that cry. Today we can begin to be who we really want to be.
We are here for you.
GYE E-Mail Helpline: firstname.lastname@example.org
GYE Phone Hotline: 646-600-8100
Contact us at email@example.com for more info on:
- Special help for women who struggle
- Special help for spouses of addicts
- Resources in Hebrew & Yiddish
- How to anonymously help a friend or spouse who you suspect is struggling
The following video contain excerpts from: R' Chaim Dovid Zwiebel, Rav Aharon Feldman, Rabbi/Dr. Avraham J. Twerski and Shalom's personal story.
Please help support our work so we can continue to help acheinu b’nei Yisrael!
We are in the process of redoing our website in a much more professional way to build the framework to accommodate tens of thousands of Yidden around the world. We hope to have our services and websites in Hebrew and Yiddish as well. (We already have a Yiddish forum and a Hebrew forum). We also need to advertise our work so that more people know there is help available. Who ever has a part in this work is making an investment in the future of Klal Yisrael!
(Anonymous recurring credit card donations possible)
Donations by phone: 646-600-8100
Checks can be made out to: “GYE Corp.” and mailed to:
GYE Corp. 3918 Fallstaff Rd, Baltimore, MD 21215, U.S.A.
Donations are tax deductible.
Important GYE Resources
GYE Flyer – Help us spread the word!
GYE's Program in a Nutshell – Gauge the level of your struggle/addiction and find what works.
GYE's Expansion Plan 2011 – Help us reach tens of thousands!
Mishpacha Magazine Article, March 2011
Jewish Press Article, March 2011
The GYE Handbook
The GYE Handbook in Yiddish
GYE's Prevention Tips for Parents
GYE Testimonials - Over 50 Pages